GStreamer on wayland with GTK+

During the past few months I’ve been occasionally working on integrating GStreamer better with wayland. GStreamer already has a ‘waylandsink’ element in gst-plugins-bad, but the implementation is very limited. One of the things I’ve been working on was to add GstVideoOverlay support in it, and recently, I managed to make this work nicely embedded in […]

Introducing qtvideosink – GStreamer meets QML

During the past month I’ve been working on a new GStreamer element called qtvideosink.  The purpose of this element is to allow painting video frames from GStreamer on any kind of Qt surface and on any platform supported by Qt. A “Qt surface” can be a QWidget, a QGraphicsItem in a QGraphicsView, a QDeclarativeItem in […]

QtGStreamer 0.10.1

This weekend I released QtGStreamer 0.10.1, the first stable version of QtGStreamer. This release marks the beginning of the stable 0.10 series of QtGStreamer that will continue for the lifetime of GStreamer 0.10. For those of you that don’t yet know what QtGStreamer is, it is a set of libraries that provide Qt-style C++ bindings for […]

Update on kcall status

So, time to let you know what’s the progress I’ve done in kcall. Unfortunately, nothing exciting has happened the past 2 weeks. I’ve spent about 1.5 week working on gstreamer device configuration. I spent lots of time reading documentation and code from empathy and phonon to understand how it all works, and also spent lots […]

GSoC Week #4

I skipped a week without blogging, mostly because I was busy last weekend, but now I think it’s time to report my status on kcall again… Last week I spent about 3 days studying gstreamer and I ended up creating a media handler class using telepathy-farsight and gstreamer, which is able to handle audio calls […]

GSoC week #2

This week went a bit out of plan. I didn’t work much on kcall as I was busy with other things. On Tuesday I had two exams (fortunately, quite easy ones), which kept me busy for both Monday and Tuesday. Then from Wednesday I started packaging KDE 4.3 beta2 for debian, which was quite challenging […]